Genres of photography can be different, but photo shoots “Love story” have common themes related to relationship. “Love story” photos are strongly associated with a wedding and pre-wedding period recently; however, love is not only romance and wedding. “Love story” pictures can be made in honour of the anniversary of the wedding (the first, fifth or twentieth), or the birth of a child, etc.
Though pre-wedding photo shoot “Love story” is of particular interest. Most of the wedding photographers actively offer this service now, sometimes even forcing clients to arrange it. However, not all the future newlyweds understand the meaning of this photography session.
Why create “Love story” before the wedding?
Pre-wedding photo shoot is usually made in advance – sometimes a year or a half before the wedding. It is a great opportunity for a couple to get acquainted with the photographer, which will work with them on a wedding day. The newlyweds can see his work, and later evaluate the results, watching ready pictures of their “Love story”. The sooner these images will be seen, the more time future family will have to choose a camera-man.
If he is selected, the shooting of “Love story” helps newlyweds and the photographer to understand each other better and adjust what, of course, makes work in the busy day – reception day easier.
Some are photographed for such a photoset just because they like to pose in front of the camera and have pleasure in viewing their own high-quality pictures. Additional beautiful photo shoot in a collection – very nice pre-wedding gift for the sweetheart.
In addition, many brides and grooms once realize that they have almost none of romantic photos, where they are together. On some pictures they are in the company of friends, on the others alone, because they were taken by the partner. Arranging pre-wedding “Love story”, newlyweds provide themselves and their future children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren with touching memorable images.
How to use the photos?
Someone prepares slides from their “Love story” pictures and demonstrate them to their guests during the wedding banquet, showing them on the big screen. They could be shown during the dance of the young or in the pauses between games, dances and wedding rituals.
Pictures included in a wedding photo book or photo album. After all, the photo archive can contain not only wedding images, but also pre-wedding photos: for example, those which depict the proposal, the choice of rings and even the honeymoon.
Also thematic pictures from “Love story” could be used for the creating of souvenirs, which would be given as a gift to the guests or with the wedding invitations.
Love Story: Plot and Script
There are several options for script of a pre-wedding photo shoot:
- History of relationship of the bride and groom and their love, interesting staged and decorated.
- One day of life of a loving couple: a walk in beautiful places, shared hobby, romantic evening, etc.
- Preparation for a celebration: recreate the moment of the proposal, the choice of rings and wedding invitations, trying on wedding dresses, etc.
- Just a beautiful romantic images, often themed, costumed and/or made in an unusual setting (e.g., at the track or on different roofs of apartment buildings).
Some couples combine two options: recreate the love story, but in the imagined romanticized setting. Not everyone approves of this decision. Sometimes it is strange for friends and relatives to see the bride and groom, filmed in untypical roles: for example, if the future couple met in the Internet, and photo story depicts their acquaintance in the casino or at the mall.
There is one simple rule:
If you want to have this photoset only for yourself, you can choose any theme and plot, including imagined stories. But if the pictures will be shown at the wedding or will be included in the photo book, which will be displayed in a row, it is better to make a script based on real events.
For example, if the bride and groom met in the Internet, they can make beautiful photos in two different Internet cafes, with laptops, headphones and coffee.
The photo session could be in one place or in several completely different locations. If “Love story” includes not only the scene of dating, but also the development of relations, the shoot can be spent in those places, where couple had the first or most memorable date: the restaurant at the ice rink, the zoo, etc. it is
Desirable that the “Love story” would be recognizable and similar may high-coloured, but truthful. To make it YOUR “Love story”, not just a photo shoot.
Sample topics for Love Story Photo Session
- Love at school. Shooting in school and/or in the yard; the bride in her school uniform;
- The camping trip. A reconstruction of a real or imaginary situation. Dating in the hike. The couple in hiking clothes, with backpacks, shooting could take place in nature: in the woods, in the mountains, near the lake, a campfire at night. Great opportunity to get luxurious photos in memory of your love;
- Four seasons. If the question of celebration is fixed, but the date is set only in a year, you can start to prepare a “Love story” in advance, making pictures in different seasons. Different clothes, different emotions… only love remains. You can give a name to this photo shoot like “Always together” or something alike.
- Holiday calendar. The plot is similar to the previous one, emphasising not the seasons but various holidays: Christmas images, photos with a romantic evening on Valentine’s Day, a joint trip to the circus on April 1, etc. photo shoot will turn out what you want to, and the pictures are placed in chronological order.
- Thematic “Love story” in the style of your favourite movie about love: for example, you can dramatize the story of the film “Gone with the wind”, “The Notebook” or “Twilight.” The choice is vide
It is no need fearing that it will be a bad weather on a planned day. Pictures in the rain or in the snow are especially spectacular.
Of course, if your photographer is professional enough.
It is likely to make the scenario of the “Love story” with a specialist. He will be able to suggest you some interesting ideas and choose places. Who but a professional photographer will be able to suggest the most appropriate decisions for a photo shoot?
On the eve of the shooting you should not take alcohol and try to sleep well. After all, everyone dreams to look good on pictures.
Clothes, makeup and hair need to be discusses in advance. You should come with styled hair and makeup, but you should take the bag and be sure to brush and powder.